Pages

Saturday 28 February 2015

No Stamps?!



Hello everyone! Jeez this piece was a challenge for me--no stamps?! On a happier note I was able to use some of my neglected patterned paper and cardstock. It has been a while since I used such materials. When I made this I was having one of those "crafter's block" moments, so I went on Pinterest and found a bunch of colour combination pins! Below is the one that served as my colour inspiration for this piece.


The Perfect Palette
I find this colour combo quite interesting because I for one rarely use black on my creations. However, after seeing this eye-catching cake piece I was like, "Hmm... this looks good (I bet it tastes good too--LOL)". I hope you like it!


xoxo,
Brian

A bold solid die cut sentiment is perfect for a piece with lots of patterns.

Layering different sizes of flowers adds an interest and whimsy!

Bold colours--I love it!

Supplies
Simon Says Stamp - Thanks Metal Die
Recollections - Paper Flowers
Recollections - Black Cardstock
Recollections - White Cardstcok
ZIG - 2 Way Glue Pen
Provocraft - Cuttlebug Machine
Patterned Paper & Cardstock

Challenges
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - No Rules
Mojo Monday - 386 Tall & Skinny





2 comments:

  1. Very cute tall card! I love how you layered the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Jingle! It was fun making this card!

      Delete